National Beauty Drive 2020
We believe that beauty is in the giving.
We believe that hygiene is confidence, and confidence is priceless.
That’s why Project Beauty Share has declared May to be National Beauty Drive Month, and you’re invited to participate.
This year, we are recognizing Project Beauty Share’s 10th anniversary by highlighting our growth and service with big goals. Help us achieve our goal to raise 10,000 boxes of tampons and pads and $10,000 in the month of May!
How can you help?
- Send a box of tampons or pads to Project Beauty Share.
- Donate $10 to Project Beauty Share.
- Spread the word! Follow us on Instagram or Facebook. Be sure to use #NationalBeautyDrive and tag Project Beauty Share with your donations!
How to donate:
- Donate online through Amazon Smile.
- Send items and monetary donations to Project Beauty Share at 2718 E Sprague Ave Spokane, WA 99202 or donate online.
#NationalBeautyDrive will run through May 31, 2020.
Did you know?
- There is such a thing called the Pink Tax. The Pink Tax refers to the extra amount of money women pay for specific products or services. Most states carry a sales tax on feminine hygiene products.
- Women’s health and beauty products cost 13% more than similar products for men.
- While you can buy food items like bread, fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry and dairy products using SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits… You cannot purchase toilet paper, diapers, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant or feminine hygiene products.
- Some women have reported giving up their food stamps for money to buy tampons.
- Approximately 70% of women of menstruating age in the U.S. use tampons.
- A woman may use more than 16,000 tampons in her life.